If you're looking for an electric dog fence that is easy to install and use, look no further than the PetSafe UltraSmart Fence.
How Does It Work?
Your dog will wear a special receiver collar that receives a radio signal from the transmitter. As your dog nears the boundary wire, a beep will sound to warn your dog. Once trained, the beep is normally enough to stop most dogs in their tracks. If your dog continues towards the wire, however, a harmless static correction will be given, further reinforcing to your dog to stay within the yard.
Features of the UltraSmart Fence Rechargeable Collar
With the fence's rechargeable collar, you'll never have to worry about buying batteries again. The collar charge can last for weeks at a time, once your dog has been trained to use the fence. The waterproof receiver can be recharged in as little as 2 hours.
The UltraSmart collar has three levels of static correction, and also includes a tone only mode, helpful for training your pet and reminding him to stay within the perimeter of the fence.
The collar will adjust from 8" to 28", and is safe for dogs over 8 pounds. Built-in PerfectFit Test ensures that the collar is fitted correctly and comfortably on your dog.
Multiple dogs may be added to the system with the purchase of additional UltraSmart In-Ground Fence Receiver Collars.
The UltraSmart collar is also compatible with the PetSafe Pawz Away Indoor Pet Barrier and Pawz Away Outdoor Pet Barrier. Simply place a barrier in areas you would like your dog to avoid, such as flower beds, certain rooms or the garbage can.
About the UltraSmart Fence Transmitter
The UltraSmart transmitter has several features that make it easy and convenient to use.
The transmitter has a built-in wire alarm, to alert you should the system ever detect a break in the wire. Also included are a 24/7 battery backup and surge protection, to ensure your system is always up and running.
Installation and Training Are Easy
Expect to spend an afternoon or two installing your UltraSmart fence. The actual time involved will depend on how large of an area you intend to cover with the fence.
Once the fence is installed, you'll want to spend a few minutes every day training your dog. For most dogs, this requires about 10-15 minutes a couple of times a day. In about 2 weeks, you'll see your dog begin to stay in the yard all on his own.
You'll receive step-by-step instructions with your fence that include both installation and training details.
How Much Area Will The Fence Cover?
The included 500 feet of wire will cover up to 1/3 acre of land. By purchasing additional wire boundary kits, you can expand the coverage area up to 25 acres.
Features of the PetSafe UltraSmart Electric Dog Fence
- For dogs 8 pounds and up, or neck sizes 8-28”
- Covers up to 1/3 acre with included wire
- Expandable up to 25 acres with additional wire (not included)
- 3 adjustable levels of static correction
- Tone-only mode alerts your pet with a beep
- ReadyTest® and PerfectFit® Test system checks
- Wire break alarm, battery back-up, and surge protection
- Waterproof, rechargeable receiver collar with 2-hour quick charge
- Works with multiple dogs (additional UltraSmart collars required)
- Compatible with PetSafe PawzAway Indoor and Outdoor Pet Barriers
In the Box
- Transmitter with power adapter and mounting hardware
- UltraSmart® rechargeable receiver collar
- Surge Protector
- Receiver Collar Charger
- Interchangeable Long Contact Points
- Contact Point Training Covers
- Operating and Training Guide
- 500 Feet of Boundary Wire
- 50 Training Flags
- Waterproof Splice Capsules and Wire Nuts
- Test Light Tool and Contact Point Wrench
- One Year Warranty
|Owner's Manual||Download PetSafe UltraSmart In-Ground Fence Manual|