The original PetSafe Wireless Containment System helps pets stay safe while allowing them the freedom to roam. The wireless fence is easy to install, and training your dog is quick and easy. Best of all, the wireless containment system doesn't require you to bury wire, is completely portable, and can be set up in as little as an hour.
Traditional, wired electric dog fences can take hours - or days - to install. With the PetSafe Wireless Fence, you can spend less time worrying about installation, and more time enjoying your pet. A few short training sessions are all that is required to teach your dog his new boundary limits. Within a few days, your dog will learn to stay within the designated area, and you'll be able to breathe easy knowing he is safe from harm.
The included special receiver collar is waterproof and has five levels of correction and a tone only mode. The static correction will automatically adjust, giving your dog just the right amount needed to remind him of the boundary.
Vacations no longer need to be a hassle when taking your pet along. Simply unplug the PetSafe wireless transmitter and take it with you! The system is completely portable and can be used anywhere there is an electrical outlet and a sheltered area to place the transmitter.
Features of the PetSafe Wireless Fence
- Collar will fit dogs from 8 pounds and up, and is adjustable from 6" - 28"
- Transmitter covers an adjustable circular area up to 1/2 acre (180 feet in diameter)
- 5 adjustable levels of correction
- Tone-only mode alerts your pet with a beep
- 30-second Time Out- correction stops after 30 seconds
- Low battery indicator
- Collar uses PetSafe RFA-67 battery (one included)
- Add an unlimited number of dogs with additional Wireless Fence Collars (PIF-275-19)
- Wireless transmitter with power adapter
- Receiver collar
- 50 boundary/training flags
- One RFA-67D battery
- Test light tool
- Operating and training manual
PetSafe Wireless Containment FAQs
How Does the System Work?
The fence works by using a radio signal that is emitted from the transmitter. The signal creates a perfect circular boundary and is transmitted to a special collar that your dog wears. If your dog gets too close to the edge of the signal boundary, he will receive a warning tone followed by a static correction. Very quickly, your dog will learn to stop when he hears the tone and begin to stay within the yard.
Does the Static Correction Hurt?
While the static (or shock) correction your dog receives is startling, it isn't painful. The shock your pet feels is the same type you feel in the winter when you touch clothing that has static electricity.
Using static correction is one of the quickest and easiest methods to train your dog to stay within the yard.
What Size is the Collar?
The included collar is adjustable for neck sizes from 6" to 28". The system isn't recommended for dogs under 8 pounds. Even at that size, you'll probably want to measure your dogs neck to be sure the collar will fit properly and won't be too bulky.
For dogs under 8 pounds, we recommend the PetSafe Stay + Play Wireless Receiver Collar. It's a smaller collar that is designed for pets over 5 pounds. It is fully compatible with the PIF-300 fence system. (Please note that the Stay + Play collar is rechargeable and requires a separate collar charger).
Will the system work for large dogs?
Yes, the wireless fence will work even for larger dogs. An important thing to note, however, is that the system is really designed for dogs that are easy to moderately easy to train. If your dog is especially stubborn, or is otherwise difficult to train, you may be better off looking at one of our wired electric fences, like the PetSafe Stubborn Dog Fence.
How Big is the Coverage Area?
With the included transmitter, the fence will cover up to 180 feet in diameter, which is approximately 1/2 acre. The diameter is adjustable, with the minimum diameter being 10 feet.
If you have a larger yard, you can purchase additional transmitters to cover a larger area. Keep in mind that the transmitters need to be plugged into an electrical outlet and need to be kept in a dry, well ventilated area that is protected from the elements.
How Long Will It Take to Train My Dog?
PetSafe recommends training your pet to the fence over a period of 2 weeks. Each training session only needs to be about 10-15 minutes long. Training times will vary somewhat depending on your dog. It may take a bit less or a bit more time to fully train him or her.
When is the PetSafe Wireless Containment System Not Recommended?
- Sloping Yards - Any slope in a yard will affect the coverage area of the fence. It's not uncommon for sloping yards to cause the radio signal to be dropped, therefore, creating a space through which your dog could leave the yard.
- Metal Buildings & Roofs - Placing the transmitter in an area near a metal building or roof will affect the radio signal. Your pet may be inadvertantly corrected or may be able to escape.
- Neighboring Yard with Electric Fence - If a neighbor is using an underground or wireless fence, it may interfere with the operation of your own fence. In this case, the coverage area will need to be reduced or the transmitter relocated to another room or area.
|Owner's Manual||Download PetSafe Wireless Containment System Manual|