In addition to fipronil, which kills adult fleas, Frontline Plus contains an important addition: (S)-methoprene. Methoprene is an ingredient that kills flea eggs and larvae, which keeps ALL stages of fleas from developing and bothering your pets and your family, not just adult fleas. Methoprene mimics the juvenile growth hormone of fleas, keeping the larvae from molting and developing into more mature forms. Frontline Plus is long-lasting, fast acting flea and tick control you apply on the skin once monthly.
Frontline Plus® breaks the parasite life cycle, thus preventing them from laying eggs and reproducing. Frontline Plus® is applied to the back of the neck on cats and between the shoulder blades on dogs. It spreads naturally on the skin surface at the hair root level, aided by body movement to provide whole body coverage. Frontline Plus® is water-resistant flea medication, so it continues to kill fleas even after a shampooing, swimming, rain or exposure to sunlight. Frontline® is for dogs and cats over 10 weeks Old.
- Kills 100% of fleas and ticks within 24 to 48 hours.
- Contains fipronil, a special ingredient that spreads by way of your pet's body oils to nullify a parasite's nervous system, causing paralysis and death.
- Kills fleas before they have the chance to lay eggs - thus breaking the flea life cycle.
- Generally kills fleas before they bite, thus reducing the risk of sickness, allergies and disease transmission.
- In pre-measured, child proof, easy-to-use applicator tubes.
- Stain and odor free!